Are antibiotics contributing to the overweight epidemic
A little knowledge
2018-01-02 02:34:51 UTC
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.

Do Antibiotics Make People Fat?
By Dana Ullman
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullman/do-antibiotics-make-peopl_b_491808.html

"The obesity epidemic is rampant, and there are many reasons for this
big fat problem. Although asking if antibiotics make us fat may
initially sound like some type of joke, recent articles in Scientific
American and Science magazine shows that some researchers are taking
it seriously."

--
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

"The U.S. government does not study anything holistically. Everything
is studied in isolation from all else."
-- The Open-Source Everything Manifesto: Transparency, Truth, and
Trust (Manifesto Series) by Robert David Steele
http://www.phibetaiota.net/2014/05/robert-steele-at-libtechnyc-the-open-source-everything-manifesto/

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/01/07/the-origin-of-education-and-mandatory-schooling/
"From an early age, we are forced into a mandatory school system that
requires and encourages youth to attend for a large portion of their
human life, for six hours a day. Each child is required to learn the
accepted version of reality in order to fit into the specific mold
desired by the elite. Just like television, a large part of school is
simply programming. It’s ironic how the same families behind the
funding are responsible for many inhumane atrocities that took place
throughout history. They are also behind big oil, big pharma, food and
other industries that are becoming more transparent as of late. Kids
who do not fit into the system and do not resonate with it are usually
labelled and medicated. Essentially, the whole point of school is to
shape the reality of the student."

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2009/09/20/understanding-vs-memorization/
" ...if we were really taught to critically think do you think we
would have the systems we have in place now? Our financial system? Our
health system and its corruption? Events like 9/11? Religions? Even
our education system for that matter. If we were actually taught to
critically think, education as we know it would collapse on itself and
a new system would be built. If we were actually taught to critically
think, the powers at be would not have the control they do now, this
is why we are sent to school from such a young age, and why fear is
used to get us to continue in our later years."

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2009/09/20/understanding-vs-memorization/
"It is important we learn to understand the information we take in and
not simply memorize it, this will allow us to break each piece of
information down to its roots and find the truth or fallacy. It is
evident we rarely do this now by simply looking at the world we live
in. This does not mean we need to be skeptics or pessimists, or try
and logically think everything out, it simply means we should look to
understand our information and FEEL whether is bares truth. We need
not memorize information we receive from authority figures, it is a
choice, one we can all make from here on out."

Circular reasoning, also known as 'Begging the question'
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/begging-the-question.html
eg of Begging the Question
Bill: "God must exist."
Jill: "How do you know."
Bill: "Because the Bible says so."
Jill: "Why should I believe the Bible?"
Bill: "Because the Bible was written by God [and god never lies]"

Is Big Pharma Addicted To Fraud?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikakelton/2013/07/29/is-big-pharma-addicted-to-fraud/

Patents Over Patients
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/01/opinion/01moss.html
"We could make faster progress against cancer by changing the way
drugs are developed. In the current system, if a promising compound
can’t be patented, it is highly unlikely ever to make it to market"

---
http://www.avg.com
Lu
2018-01-06 21:21:40 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
People are not “fed" antibiotics.
it seriously."
Philip
+1
A little knowledge
2018-01-10 10:06:28 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
People are not “fed" antibiotics.
+1
People take antibiotics for lots of things.
Whenever a person goes to the mainstream quack with a cold or
infection, they are prescribed antibiotics.

Yes or no?

Antibiotics are fed to animals routinely to increase their weight -
not for any actual sickness, just in their food to increase weight.
The more kg the animal weighs the more profit for the farmer.

http://www.avg.com
m***@privacy.net
2018-01-10 18:29:44 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:06:28 +1100, A little knowledge
Post by A little knowledge
People take antibiotics for lots of things.
Whenever a person goes to the mainstream quack with a cold or
infection, they are prescribed antibiotics.
BULLShit, like most of the shit you spew!!

NO reputable Doctor prescribes antibiotics for a cold,
which IS KNOWN to be caused by a virus, and which CAN'T
be helped by antibiotics.
Philip
2018-01-11 02:46:32 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
People are not “fed" antibiotics.
+1
People take antibiotics for lots of things.
Whenever a person goes to the mainstream quack with a cold or
infection, they are prescribed antibiotics.
Yes or no?
No.
My physician did not prescribed an antibiotic for my cold, after the
throat swab tested negative for strep throat. He told me it wouldn't
do any good.
Post by A little knowledge
Antibiotics are fed to animals routinely to increase their weight -
not for any actual sickness, just in their food to increase weight.
The more kg the animal weighs the more profit for the farmer.
The use of antibiotics in animal feed to promote growth was eliminated
effective January 1, 2017, as a result of new FDA Veterinary Feed
Directive.
https://www.avma.org/KB/Resources/Pages/VFD123.aspx

This practice has been banned in Europe since 2006.
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-05-1687_en.htm

The use of antibiotics can only be used by veterinarians and livestock
owners in the U.S. for treatment, control, or prevention of diseases.
https://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/GuidanceComplianceEnforcement/GuidanceforIndustry/ucm216939.htm
Lu
2018-01-12 22:04:06 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
Post by Lu
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
People are not “fed" antibiotics.
+1
People take antibiotics for lots of things.
Whenever a person goes to the mainstream quack with a cold or
infection, they are prescribed antibiotics.
Yes or no?
No.

Our doctors are reluctant to give anyone antibiotics unless there is no other
way because we develop a resistance to them.
https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/antibiotic-resistance
kaye
2018-01-24 04:16:10 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
People are not “fed" antibiotics.
+1
People take antibiotics for lots of things.
Whenever a person goes to the mainstream quack with a cold or
infection, they are prescribed antibiotics.
Yes or no?
No. Antibiotics don’t help with viral infections. The domwork, however, on
bacterial infections. They don’t help when you have a common cold.
Post by A little knowledge
Antibiotics are fed to animals routinely to increase their weight -
not for any actual sickness, just in their food to increase weight.
The more kg the animal weighs the more profit for the farmer.
You can be more selective on the meats you buy. You do have choices. There
are plenty of producers who raise antibiotic free meats.

Kaye
Remus Pohl
2018-01-25 10:35:24 UTC
Post by kaye
Post by A little knowledge
Antibiotics are fed to animals routinely to increase their weight -
not for any actual sickness, just in their food to increase weight.
The more kg the animal weighs the more profit for the farmer.
You can be more selective on the meats you buy. You do have choices. There
are plenty of producers who raise antibiotic free meats.
It's not quite so easy to bring home meats without antibiotics.
The producers are not prevalent, and their prices tend toward the
exorbitant.
More often than not, the decision becomes whether to forego meat
altogether,
when one is truly concerned about the effects of antibiotics in meat.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/vegetables-that-can-substitute-for-meat/
Lu
2018-01-12 21:54:52 UTC
Post by A little knowledge
This is a no-brainer - farmers feed antibiotics to their livestock in
order for the animals to gain weight, people are animals -- join the
dots.
Do Antibiotics Make People Fat?
By Dana Ullman
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullman/do-antibiotics-make-peopl_b_491808.
html
"The obesity epidemic is rampant, and there are many reasons for this
big fat problem. Although asking if antibiotics make us fat may
initially sound like some type of joke, recent articles in Scientific
American and Science magazine shows that some researchers are taking
it seriously."
No, Antibiotics do not make people fat. Overeating, lack of exercise and poor
diets with a lot of junk food is what
makes people fat.